Ilford solicitor join’s Labour Party’s Ilford South selection race
- Credit: Archant
A solicitor who specialsies in worker’s rights has revealed he has thrown his hat into the ring in the Labour Party’s Ilford South selection contest.
Chowdhury Rahman, known by his middle name Hafiz, was born in Bangladesh but settled in Ilford 25 years ago.
Since then, he has been the vice chairman of the Ilford South constituency Labour Party, its campaign coordinator and the secretary of Labour's Seven Kings branch.
Hafiz, who has also participated in debates on national housing policy at the London Regional Labour Conference in 2015, is now hoping to gain enough support among fellow Labour members in the constituency to be named its next prospective MP when a general election is called.
Hafiz said: "I am an independent-minded Labour member with vision, charismatic speaking skills and consensus-building capability.
You may also want to watch:
"My values are strongly shaped by my expert legal mind.
"I am very friendly and able to mingle easily with with everyone, and am confident addressing large crowds.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
"I am fearless to speak, and hear the hard truths when necessary."