Children’s designer fashion shop in Ilford to feature in TV documentary
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers who own a successful designer clothing shop for babies and children will feature in a TV documentary.
Director Jesse Bassi and chief executive Nick Bassi of Childsplay Clothing in Clements Road, Ilford, said they were “excited” when approached by ITV to make a documentary about the store which sells designer brands such as Prada and Dolce & Gobana.
Nick said: “Children’s fashion is a bigger business than ever and, with more designers bringing out children’s collections, we think it is a part of the fashion industry that will continue to grow.”
Childsplay, which aims its clothes at newborns to 16-year-olds, was set up in 1990 after Jesse and Nick grew up surrounded by fashion.
Jesse said: “Our parents were in the fashion and clothing industry and we were always heavily influenced by it, so it seemed like a natural step to take in our careers. But we wanted to be different and saw that there was a niche gap in the market for luxury childrenswear.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop sells exclusive items from a Ralph Lauren cotton under costing £14 to a Burberry baby girl’s dress with a £112 price tag.
Nick said: “Of course it is fun to sometimes follow trends, a lot of our collections are mini versions of the mainline adult collections but with a kid’s twist. We would never stock something we deemed as inappropriate or unsuitable for children.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
The business grabbed the attention of ITV which plans to air Baby Wears Prada in October.
Jesse said: “There are big changes happening for Childsplay at the moment. We recently had a complete re-design of our teenage store which we had interior- designed to make it appealing to teenagers.”