Children design mosaics for Ilford peace monument
- Credit: Archant
Children got creative and designed special mosaics during their half term holiday which will feature on a special monument in Ilford.
The East Ilford Betterment Partnership held free art workshops for children aged between five and 11 at the Clementswood Community Centre, Connaught Road, Ilford, last week.
The top ten designs produced will be used at the base of the Redbridge Peace Monument, on the junction of Riches Road and Winston Way, Ilford.
Organiser, Wilson Chowdhry, said: “We were really pleased that despite the cold weather children from all over Clementswood and Loxford ward took part.
“Participants gelled well and were very eager to learn about other faiths. The artwork produced was impressive to say the least and is well worth a trip to Central Library.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to have a similar project running during the Easter holidays and ask that those who are interested, make themselves known.”
To find out more please call 020 8514 0861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision