Children design mosaics for Ilford peace monument
- Credit: Archant
Children got creative and designed special mosaics during their half term holiday which will feature on a special monument in Ilford.
The East Ilford Betterment Partnership held free art workshops for children aged between five and 11 at the Clementswood Community Centre, Connaught Road, Ilford, last week.
The top ten designs produced will be used at the base of the Redbridge Peace Monument, on the junction of Riches Road and Winston Way, Ilford.
Organiser, Wilson Chowdhry, said: “We were really pleased that despite the cold weather children from all over Clementswood and Loxford ward took part.
“Participants gelled well and were very eager to learn about other faiths. The artwork produced was impressive to say the least and is well worth a trip to Central Library.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to have a similar project running during the Easter holidays and ask that those who are interested, make themselves known.”
To find out more please call 020 8514 0861 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines