Children design mosaics for Ilford peace monument
- Credit: Archant
Children got creative and designed special mosaics during their half term holiday which will feature on a special monument in Ilford.
The East Ilford Betterment Partnership held free art workshops for children aged between five and 11 at the Clementswood Community Centre, Connaught Road, Ilford, last week.
The top ten designs produced will be used at the base of the Redbridge Peace Monument, on the junction of Riches Road and Winston Way, Ilford.
Organiser, Wilson Chowdhry, said: “We were really pleased that despite the cold weather children from all over Clementswood and Loxford ward took part.
“Participants gelled well and were very eager to learn about other faiths. The artwork produced was impressive to say the least and is well worth a trip to Central Library.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to have a similar project running during the Easter holidays and ask that those who are interested, make themselves known.”
To find out more please call 020 8514 0861 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower