Children across Redbridge get into Royal Wedding spirit
Little ones got into the Royal Wedding spirit early by staging a series of playground parties and craft workshops today and yesterday.
Children across the borough were able to dress up as princes and princesses while learning about the history of the royal family and more about the couple who will be our future King and Queen.
At Grove Road Primary School in Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Health, nursery and reception children made crowns, while Year 2 children drew royal portraits. Year 3 children decorated commemorative plates, Year 4’s made an invitation while Year 6 children designed a life-size wedding dress for Kate Middleton.
Year 6 teacher Phil Amos said: “It went really well. We had an afternoon of activities and the end result was really good - the kids have really enjoyed it. The Royal Wedding has been really informative for them and they’re really gee-ed up by it because of the whole prince and princess thing. A lot of the younger ones were talking about how they wanted to grow up to be a prince or princess.”
Meanwhile tonight people across Redbridge are braced for party fever as they prepare for street parties to celebrate the event tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Our reporters and photographers will be out and about recording the celebrations but anyone can get in on the act by emailing photographs and reports on what is happening around the borough to our dedicated email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion