Children across Redbridge get into Royal Wedding spirit
Little ones got into the Royal Wedding spirit early by staging a series of playground parties and craft workshops today and yesterday.
Children across the borough were able to dress up as princes and princesses while learning about the history of the royal family and more about the couple who will be our future King and Queen.
At Grove Road Primary School in Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Health, nursery and reception children made crowns, while Year 2 children drew royal portraits. Year 3 children decorated commemorative plates, Year 4’s made an invitation while Year 6 children designed a life-size wedding dress for Kate Middleton.
Year 6 teacher Phil Amos said: “It went really well. We had an afternoon of activities and the end result was really good - the kids have really enjoyed it. The Royal Wedding has been really informative for them and they’re really gee-ed up by it because of the whole prince and princess thing. A lot of the younger ones were talking about how they wanted to grow up to be a prince or princess.”
Meanwhile tonight people across Redbridge are braced for party fever as they prepare for street parties to celebrate the event tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Our reporters and photographers will be out and about recording the celebrations but anyone can get in on the act by emailing photographs and reports on what is happening around the borough to our dedicated email: email@example.com.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station