Child and two adults escape flat fire in Chadwell Heath
A child and two adults escaped a flat fire in a Chadwell Heath this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to a block of flats in Jade Close around 4pm.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said a small part of the third floor was damaged by the blaze.
The child and two adults escaped before firefighters arrived and another man, reported to be in his 20s, was treated by ambulance crews at the scene for smoke inhalation.
Two fire crews brought the blaze under control by 4.30pm. It is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the fire? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital