Chigwell road may be closed until Monday because of burst water main
A busy Chigwell Road could be closed until Monday after a water main burst this afternoon.
Hainault Road was closed southbound from High Road to Manor Road when water from the pipe flooded the road.
Thames Water are currently working to fix the problem.
A spokesman said: “We are hoping to re-open the road by Monday at the latest and we are trying to get it done as quickly as possible.
“We are very sorry for any disruption this may cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The 167 bus is currently on diversion.
Did you see the water main burst? Send your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation