Chigwell actor Gary Lucy joins crowds at Repton Park charity fun day
- Credit: Archant
Chigwell television actor Gary Lucy was one of the visitors at a fun day in Woodford Green on Sunday.
Repton Park threw open its gates to residents with entertainment, rides and stalls for an annual charity event in aid of Haven House Children’s Hospice.
Mr Lucy, known for his roles in EastEnders and Hollyoaks, said he was a “great admirer” of the charity, which cares for young people with life-limiting conditions.
One fundraising game was run by businessman Lloyd Moulder - co-founder of Bathworks in High Road, Woodford Green.
He is aiming to raise £10,000 for the hospice in just a year and has supported the charity for a decade.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moulder said: “I know raising £10,000 is going to be an almighty challenge whether that includes throwing myself out of a plane; running a half marathon or peddling a bike ride challenge – I will do whatever it takes to make it happen.”
The family fun extravaganza had guest presenters hosting live performances from The Voice contestant Leanne Jarvis from “The and Youth Creation dance group from Britain’s Got Talent.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say