Chigwell actor Gary Lucy joins crowds at Repton Park charity fun day
- Credit: Archant
Chigwell television actor Gary Lucy was one of the visitors at a fun day in Woodford Green on Sunday.
Repton Park threw open its gates to residents with entertainment, rides and stalls for an annual charity event in aid of Haven House Children’s Hospice.
Mr Lucy, known for his roles in EastEnders and Hollyoaks, said he was a “great admirer” of the charity, which cares for young people with life-limiting conditions.
One fundraising game was run by businessman Lloyd Moulder - co-founder of Bathworks in High Road, Woodford Green.
He is aiming to raise £10,000 for the hospice in just a year and has supported the charity for a decade.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moulder said: “I know raising £10,000 is going to be an almighty challenge whether that includes throwing myself out of a plane; running a half marathon or peddling a bike ride challenge – I will do whatever it takes to make it happen.”
The family fun extravaganza had guest presenters hosting live performances from The Voice contestant Leanne Jarvis from “The and Youth Creation dance group from Britain’s Got Talent.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School