Chief Rabbi visits Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue
“Enhanced the standing of Judaism in the world” is how the country’s Chief Rabbi has been described at a special breakfast in his honour.
Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks will be retiring this summer and visited the Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue, Limes Avenue, Chigwell, as part of his tour of the borough.
More than 150 people turned out to the special breakfast during which Lord Sacks spoke about his career and the role of Judaism.
Rabbi Baruch Davis from the synagogue said: “Lord Sacks has enhanced the standing of Judaism in the world with values that have really resonated with society as a whole.”
Lord Sachs praised the community at the synagogue and the work that had been done to promote interaction. He said: “Chigwell and Hainault is such a friendly and warm community and above all it is a community that knows how to pick the right people!”
You may also want to watch:
Lord Sacks also discussed particularly inspiring moments during his more than two decades in the chief rabbi position.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved