Chief Rabbi visits Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue
“Enhanced the standing of Judaism in the world” is how the country’s Chief Rabbi has been described at a special breakfast in his honour.
Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks will be retiring this summer and visited the Chigwell and Hainault Synagogue, Limes Avenue, Chigwell, as part of his tour of the borough.
More than 150 people turned out to the special breakfast during which Lord Sacks spoke about his career and the role of Judaism.
Rabbi Baruch Davis from the synagogue said: “Lord Sacks has enhanced the standing of Judaism in the world with values that have really resonated with society as a whole.”
Lord Sachs praised the community at the synagogue and the work that had been done to promote interaction. He said: “Chigwell and Hainault is such a friendly and warm community and above all it is a community that knows how to pick the right people!”
Lord Sacks also discussed particularly inspiring moments during his more than two decades in the chief rabbi position.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering