Charity singing session for lonely older people in Aldersbrook
- Credit: The Golden-Oldies
A charity is holding a singing session for isolated older people at a church in Aldersbrook.
The Golden-Oldies, commonly known as Goldies, is to put on a Sing&Smile event at St Gabriel's Church on Park Road.
The charity's founder, Grenville Jones, will take the session on Tuesday, March 17 from 2pm to 3pm.
He said: "I warmly invite everyone to come along and discover the fun in a Sing&Smile Goldies session. I guarantee you will leave with a smile on your face."
Goldies was founded in 2008 and runs singing and activity sessions across England and Wales for socially isolated older people as well as those with learning difficulties and dementia.
You may also want to watch:
Fr Martyn Hawkes, vicar at St Gabriel's, added: "It is one of our church priorities to reach out to older people and address issues of loneliness and isolation and this a wonderful way to do so."
- 1 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 2 Classic movie screenings coming to Valentines Park this summer
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Stormzy surprises 'Lemonade for Yemen-Aid' boys with Gold Blue Peter badges
- 5 Ilford BID hosts webinar to help businesses out of lockdown
- 6 Appeal to trace man following brutal Ilford gang rape
- 7 Ilford driver slapped with School Streets fine after vandal turns sign the wrong way
- 8 Legendary street artists transform Ilford
- 9 More than 11,000 jobs at risk in Ilford North, MP says
- 10 Ilford mosque and cemetery transformed into pop-up vaccine clinic