Charity games day raises money for Woodford Green adventure playground, ELHAP
A social group has raised more than £100 for a Woodford Green adventure playground for special needs children.
Members of Redbridge 18 Plus held a charity games day to raise funds for the East London Handicapped Adventure Playground (ELHAP) in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green.
Opened in 1977, it allows children of all ages and abilities to play safely and equally.
Fun sports including mini golf, an indoor electric car rally and guess the number of sweets in a jar were put on at the Unicorn Pub, Clayhall Avenue.
The event raised more than £150 for the ELHAP.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge 18 Plus member Francesca Barclay said: “It was a fantastic day and good to raise money for a local charity.
“Everyone who joined in had lots of fun, and I’d like to thank everyone at the pub for their help in making the day a success.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
Redbridge 18 Plus is a social group offering organised events and trips for 18 to 40-year-olds.
The group meets on Fridays at Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford, from 8.30-10pm.
Everyone is welcome. For more information, call 020 8553 0947 or 020 8554 1364.