Chadwell Heath shoppers choose animal clinic as Sainsbury’s charity of the year
Sainbury’s in Chadwell Heath has chosen an animal clinic to benefit from this year’s fundraising.
Shoppers at the supermarket, in the High Road, elected the RSPCA Campbell Clinic in Romford as their favourite local charity in May.
The clinic offers low-cost treatment for pets to people on pensions or benefits and helps animals suffering from neglect and abuse.
It celebrated its 50th Anniversary on Saturday with a fair.
For the next 12 months, Sainsbury’s will support the clinic with fundraising events and raise awareness in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Gareth Powell said: “RSPCA Campbell Clinic is such a worthy local cause and we’re pleased and proud to be supporting it over the next 12 months.
“We’ll be letting our customers know of our fundraising plans in-store and we hope they can join our colleagues in helping support them”.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Sainsbury’s staff and charity workers will meet on Thursday (5) to start planning fundraising events.