Chadwell Heath shoppers choose animal clinic as Sainsbury’s charity of the year
Sainbury’s in Chadwell Heath has chosen an animal clinic to benefit from this year’s fundraising.
Shoppers at the supermarket, in the High Road, elected the RSPCA Campbell Clinic in Romford as their favourite local charity in May.
The clinic offers low-cost treatment for pets to people on pensions or benefits and helps animals suffering from neglect and abuse.
It celebrated its 50th Anniversary on Saturday with a fair.
For the next 12 months, Sainsbury’s will support the clinic with fundraising events and raise awareness in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Gareth Powell said: “RSPCA Campbell Clinic is such a worthy local cause and we’re pleased and proud to be supporting it over the next 12 months.
“We’ll be letting our customers know of our fundraising plans in-store and we hope they can join our colleagues in helping support them”.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
Sainsbury’s staff and charity workers will meet on Thursday (5) to start planning fundraising events.