Chadwell Heath shoppers choose animal clinic as Sainsbury’s charity of the year
Sainbury’s in Chadwell Heath has chosen an animal clinic to benefit from this year’s fundraising.
Shoppers at the supermarket, in the High Road, elected the RSPCA Campbell Clinic in Romford as their favourite local charity in May.
The clinic offers low-cost treatment for pets to people on pensions or benefits and helps animals suffering from neglect and abuse.
It celebrated its 50th Anniversary on Saturday with a fair.
For the next 12 months, Sainsbury’s will support the clinic with fundraising events and raise awareness in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Gareth Powell said: “RSPCA Campbell Clinic is such a worthy local cause and we’re pleased and proud to be supporting it over the next 12 months.
“We’ll be letting our customers know of our fundraising plans in-store and we hope they can join our colleagues in helping support them”.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
Sainsbury’s staff and charity workers will meet on Thursday (5) to start planning fundraising events.