Chadwell Heath’s best bakers crowned at Easter Egg-stravaganza
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s champion bakers were crowned at an Easter-themed event at a historic former cinema in Chadwell Heath.
More than 120 people gathered at the Easter Egg-stravaganza at Mayfair Venue, High Road, on Easter Monday (April 2).
As well as a community bake-off, guests took part in an egg hunt and egg decoration workshop.
Shama Daula, from Seven Kings, won for best overall cake and Chadwell Heath residents Karen Janes and Sharon Pereira won best decorated cake and best cupcake respectively.
The event was run by community group Chadwell Heath South Residents’ Association with support from the Church of the Ascension, in Collier Row, Havering Volunteer Centre, Marks Gate & Furze Children’s Centre Nursery in Farrance Road; Chadwell Heath Baptist Church, High Road; The Mercury Mall, Romford and Cupcake & Crumble.
You may also want to watch:
CHSRA works to advance community development and urban regeneration, for the benefit of the public.
Follow the latest with CHSRA at www.facebook.com/ChadwellHeathSouth/
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 4 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 5 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say