Chadwell Heath’s best bakers crowned at Easter Egg-stravaganza
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s champion bakers were crowned at an Easter-themed event at a historic former cinema in Chadwell Heath.
More than 120 people gathered at the Easter Egg-stravaganza at Mayfair Venue, High Road, on Easter Monday (April 2).
As well as a community bake-off, guests took part in an egg hunt and egg decoration workshop.
Shama Daula, from Seven Kings, won for best overall cake and Chadwell Heath residents Karen Janes and Sharon Pereira won best decorated cake and best cupcake respectively.
The event was run by community group Chadwell Heath South Residents’ Association with support from the Church of the Ascension, in Collier Row, Havering Volunteer Centre, Marks Gate & Furze Children’s Centre Nursery in Farrance Road; Chadwell Heath Baptist Church, High Road; The Mercury Mall, Romford and Cupcake & Crumble.
You may also want to watch:
CHSRA works to advance community development and urban regeneration, for the benefit of the public.
Follow the latest with CHSRA at www.facebook.com/ChadwellHeathSouth/
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault