Chadwell Heath man shares 100th birthday with family and staff at care home
- Credit: Archant
Morris Scoop or ‘Moshe’ as he likes to be called turned 100 last week.
The centenarian celebrated with his family and the rest of the residents at Gable Court Care Home in Roxy Avenue on Monday, July 15.
Mr Scoop is a fairly recent edition to Gable Court after moving from Mill Hill three months ago.
He is described as a "funny, sweet and a bit of a character" by his carers and fellow residents.
The birthday cake brought out for Mr Scoop was decorated in the shape of a sewing machine, a piece of equipment he knows all to well, having been a skilful tailor his whole life.
You may also want to watch:
Some memorable highlights include exciting trips away to Benidorm with his wife, who has since died.
He's not yet received a letter from the queen, but his carer Michelle assured the Recorder that a belated telegram is on the way.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 8 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told