Chadwell Heath man shares 100th birthday with family and staff at care home
- Credit: Archant
Morris Scoop or ‘Moshe’ as he likes to be called turned 100 last week.
The centenarian celebrated with his family and the rest of the residents at Gable Court Care Home in Roxy Avenue on Monday, July 15.
Mr Scoop is a fairly recent edition to Gable Court after moving from Mill Hill three months ago.
He is described as a "funny, sweet and a bit of a character" by his carers and fellow residents.
The birthday cake brought out for Mr Scoop was decorated in the shape of a sewing machine, a piece of equipment he knows all to well, having been a skilful tailor his whole life.
You may also want to watch:
Some memorable highlights include exciting trips away to Benidorm with his wife, who has since died.
He's not yet received a letter from the queen, but his carer Michelle assured the Recorder that a belated telegram is on the way.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’