Chadwell Heath church celebrates golden anniversary
A Chadwell Heath church celebrated its golden anniversary with an evening mass and a concert from the City Wind Orchestra.
St Bede Catholic Church, Bishops Avenue, marked 50 years since it first opened on the weekend on June 15 by welcoming both past and present parishioners to a special service.
A display of photographs and articles spanning the last five decades were exhibited in the church for visitors.
The festivities did not stop there as a Jubilee Concert was also held, led by the City Wind Orchestra, conducted by Shea Lolin and Mike Badley.
The orchestra’s extensive repertoire included Camille Saint-Saëns’ acclaimed Organ Symphony Finale, offering the perfect opportunity to showcase the refurbished and enlarged organ at St. Bede’s.
You may also want to watch:
The final part of this year’s special celebrations will take place in July, when the parish council will organise a summer fete in the grounds.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns