Chadwell Heath church celebrates golden anniversary
A Chadwell Heath church celebrated its golden anniversary with an evening mass and a concert from the City Wind Orchestra.
St Bede Catholic Church, Bishops Avenue, marked 50 years since it first opened on the weekend on June 15 by welcoming both past and present parishioners to a special service.
A display of photographs and articles spanning the last five decades were exhibited in the church for visitors.
The festivities did not stop there as a Jubilee Concert was also held, led by the City Wind Orchestra, conducted by Shea Lolin and Mike Badley.
The orchestra’s extensive repertoire included Camille Saint-Saëns’ acclaimed Organ Symphony Finale, offering the perfect opportunity to showcase the refurbished and enlarged organ at St. Bede’s.
You may also want to watch:
The final part of this year’s special celebrations will take place in July, when the parish council will organise a summer fete in the grounds.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care