Chadwell Heath artist joining Rolf Harris painting the Queen on BBC One tonight
An artist from Chadwell Heath will appear alongside Rolf Harris in a Jubilee-themed BBC show set to air tonight.
Helen Parsliffe, 45, is one of 60 artists chosen to try and capture years of royal history on a canvas alongside the Australian painter, as well as presenter Anneka Rice.
The printmaker and illustrator had previously had her work on display in The Mall, London and said she was not quite sure why she was chosen for the show.
She said: “I think it’s just off the back of doing an exhibition in Barking that the BBC got in touch.
“I did a portrait of the Queen from this decade, but I don’t want to give too much away.
You may also want to watch:
“Rolf was fantastic, he was a really great guy and Anneka was a fabulous artist too.”
Rolf Paints The Diamond Jubilee airs from 6.30-7.30pm on BBC One.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead