Chadwell Heath artist joining Rolf Harris painting the Queen on BBC One tonight
An artist from Chadwell Heath will appear alongside Rolf Harris in a Jubilee-themed BBC show set to air tonight.
Helen Parsliffe, 45, is one of 60 artists chosen to try and capture years of royal history on a canvas alongside the Australian painter, as well as presenter Anneka Rice.
The printmaker and illustrator had previously had her work on display in The Mall, London and said she was not quite sure why she was chosen for the show.
She said: “I think it’s just off the back of doing an exhibition in Barking that the BBC got in touch.
“I did a portrait of the Queen from this decade, but I don’t want to give too much away.
You may also want to watch:
“Rolf was fantastic, he was a really great guy and Anneka was a fabulous artist too.”
Rolf Paints The Diamond Jubilee airs from 6.30-7.30pm on BBC One.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 3 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 4 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station