Central Line’s 12-day Hainault loop closure begins
The closure of the Central Line’s Hainault Loop will begin today, restricting services between Grange Hill and Newbury Park.
The line will be closed between these stations on weekdays and between Woodford and Leytonstone, via Hainault, at weekends until November 4.
Improvements are set take place to improve reliability and create a smoother journey for passengers.
The 12-day closure is part of a programme of renewal works on the line, which was last upgraded in the 1990s, with new trains and signalling, allowing automatic train operation.
Central line services will continue to operate between Epping and central London as normal.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will be accepted on local buses and Network Rail services between Ilford and Stratford, and high frequency rail replacements buses will also be running.
To find out more visit www.tfl.gov.uk or pick up a leaflet at stations.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London