Central Line closed as Redbridge commuters battle into work
THE Central Line is suspended this morning with commuters in Redbridge being forced to find different ways into work as strike action causes chaos.
Thousands of Tube workers walked out at 6.30pm last night as RMT and TSSA union members began a 24-hour stoppage.
Wanstead and Gants Hill stations are both closed, while Transport for London has suspended all trains on the Central Line - which stops at stations including Newbury Park, Redbridge, Hainault and Woodford.
The Circle Line is the only other Tube line which has been completely suspended, with part suspensions or special services running on the rest of the London Underground network.
Buses in the borough have been reportedly packed with commuters as the rest of the transport network tries to cope under the strain of the strikes
You may also want to watch:
Tell us about your journey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault