Central Line closed as Redbridge commuters battle into work
THE Central Line is suspended this morning with commuters in Redbridge being forced to find different ways into work as strike action causes chaos.
Thousands of Tube workers walked out at 6.30pm last night as RMT and TSSA union members began a 24-hour stoppage.
Wanstead and Gants Hill stations are both closed, while Transport for London has suspended all trains on the Central Line - which stops at stations including Newbury Park, Redbridge, Hainault and Woodford.
The Circle Line is the only other Tube line which has been completely suspended, with part suspensions or special services running on the rest of the London Underground network.
Buses in the borough have been reportedly packed with commuters as the rest of the transport network tries to cope under the strain of the strikes
You may also want to watch:
Tell us about your journey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath