Catholic Fellowship celebrates 50 years with golden jubilee lunch in Woodford Green
The Catholic Fellowship held its 50th anniversary with a lunch and entertainment at Trinity Catholic High School yesterday.
The fellowship of Catholic churches in Woodford Green, South Woodford and Wanstead, which is also open to people of all faiths and none, provides activities for people with lifelong disabilities in Redbridge.
Member Ann Kyndt said: “We had about 180 people.
“It was a fantastic afternoon. We had long-standing members right up to the present day.”
The birthday event at the school in Mornington Road, Woodford Green, also included a children’s entertainer.
You may also want to watch:
The fellowship takes disabled people and their carers on trips including to the theatre and the seaside.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP