Catholic Fellowship celebrates 50 years with golden jubilee lunch in Woodford Green
The Catholic Fellowship held its 50th anniversary with a lunch and entertainment at Trinity Catholic High School yesterday.
The fellowship of Catholic churches in Woodford Green, South Woodford and Wanstead, which is also open to people of all faiths and none, provides activities for people with lifelong disabilities in Redbridge.
Member Ann Kyndt said: “We had about 180 people.
“It was a fantastic afternoon. We had long-standing members right up to the present day.”
The birthday event at the school in Mornington Road, Woodford Green, also included a children’s entertainer.
You may also want to watch:
The fellowship takes disabled people and their carers on trips including to the theatre and the seaside.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car