Catholic Fellowship celebrates 50 years with golden jubilee lunch in Woodford Green
The Catholic Fellowship held its 50th anniversary with a lunch and entertainment at Trinity Catholic High School yesterday.
The fellowship of Catholic churches in Woodford Green, South Woodford and Wanstead, which is also open to people of all faiths and none, provides activities for people with lifelong disabilities in Redbridge.
Member Ann Kyndt said: “We had about 180 people.
“It was a fantastic afternoon. We had long-standing members right up to the present day.”
The birthday event at the school in Mornington Road, Woodford Green, also included a children’s entertainer.
You may also want to watch:
The fellowship takes disabled people and their carers on trips including to the theatre and the seaside.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague