Cat after some chicken gets stuck in Nando’s air vent in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A cat had to be rescued from an air vent at Nando’s in Ilford today.
Firefighters suspect it had followed its nose to the smell of cooking chicken and become trapped.
They were called to use their ladders to free the frightened pet from the vent near the restaurant’s car park in Clements Road.
Casey Moroney was with the crew from Ilford Fire Station.
He said: “It was quite distressed but it quickly relaxed after we got it down.
You may also want to watch:
“Cats get into all sorts of places.”
The RSPCA were on hand to take the cat and scan its microchip to trace its owner.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses