Careers in travel to armed forces on show at Redbridge jobs fair
Jobs in everything from retail to travel and the armed forces could be on offer at the Redbridge Jobs and Training Fair on Thursday.
Dozens of employers are gathering in Redbridge Town Hall for the day
They will be joined by colleges, training providers and voluntary organisations to offer local people career advice.
Exhibitors include retail giants Sainsbury’s and Debenhams, London City Airport and recruitment agency Adecco.
Representatives from the Army will be on hand to show what a career in the forces can offer.
You may also want to watch:
Hairdressers, beauticians and cooks will be showcasing their skills in tents outside the town hall on the day.
A CV and careers advice clinic will also be running, with advisors offering tips on CV writing and career moves.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
The event is held to help residents find new opportunities or new paths in training, volunteering or starting new businesses.
Council leader Cllr Keith Prince, who is also the cabinet member for finance, said: “There’s a number of facets to the event.
“It helps you to consider your career paths, it helps you in applying for jobs and also in getting a job.”
In July, Redbridge Council held its first ‘opportunities fair’ for 18 to 24-year-olds.
A council spokesman said that 18 people found work with local retailers through the event.
Cllr Prince said: “We would have liked a few more people there, but it was the first one.
“I think at the first jobs fair we had 1,600 people – now it’s between 2,000 and 3,000. Now people will look out for it.”
The number of people claiming unemployment benefit Jobseeker’s Allowance across the borough has been falling gradually in recent months.
The Redbridge Jobs and Training Fair is free to enter from 10am to 4pm at Redbridge Town Hall, Ilford High Road.