Car from Back to the Future spotted down Ilford High Road
- Credit: citizenside.com
You could be forgiven for thinking you had stepped back in time if you were in Ilford High Road on Sunday.
Shoppers going about their daily business were stunned when the car from the film Back to the Future roared up outside Redbridge Town Hall.
This could only be topped by the fact Rod Stewart then emerged from the car. Well almost.
The 1980s-themed wedding was organised as a surprise for Simon and Rochelle Mendelsohn by their children 10-year-old Marnie and Cassie, 13,
Guests were asked to choose outfits inspired by Rod Stewart and were sworn to secrecy before the big day.
You may also want to watch:
Although their parents knew they were getting married they knew nothing about the location or the theme the children had chosen.
The couple were married by Rabbi David Hulbert, of Bet Tikvah Synagogue, Perrymans Farm Road, Newbury Park. He said: “We all had the most wonderful time. Everyone was very excited to see the car just turn up from the future.”
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
The wedding was part of CBBC children’s programme Marrying Mum and Dad.