Car from Back to the Future spotted down Ilford High Road
- Credit: citizenside.com
You could be forgiven for thinking you had stepped back in time if you were in Ilford High Road on Sunday.
Shoppers going about their daily business were stunned when the car from the film Back to the Future roared up outside Redbridge Town Hall.
This could only be topped by the fact Rod Stewart then emerged from the car. Well almost.
The 1980s-themed wedding was organised as a surprise for Simon and Rochelle Mendelsohn by their children 10-year-old Marnie and Cassie, 13,
Guests were asked to choose outfits inspired by Rod Stewart and were sworn to secrecy before the big day.
You may also want to watch:
Although their parents knew they were getting married they knew nothing about the location or the theme the children had chosen.
The couple were married by Rabbi David Hulbert, of Bet Tikvah Synagogue, Perrymans Farm Road, Newbury Park. He said: “We all had the most wonderful time. Everyone was very excited to see the car just turn up from the future.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
The wedding was part of CBBC children’s programme Marrying Mum and Dad.