Car flips near Wanstead station - roads closed and traffic building
- Credit: Archant
A car has flipped over in Wanstead, leaving debris and glass scattered in the road.
Roads around Wanstead station in The Green and slip roads on to the A12 have been closed while emergency services are at the scene.
Police cars, fire engines and ambulances were seen by witnesses after the accident in High Street at about 3.20pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the driver, a man in his 50s, was treated for “minor injuries” and taken to Whipps Cross Hospital as a priority.
He did not confirm rumours that the man had passed out at the wheel of the vehicle before the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London is warning of building traffic in the area.
The 66 and 145 bus routes are on diversion.
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
On Twitter, Etienne K wrote: “Just see a car flip over down Wanstead. Was like Rambo.”
Did you see the crash? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.