Car flips near Wanstead station - roads closed and traffic building
- Credit: Archant
A car has flipped over in Wanstead, leaving debris and glass scattered in the road.
Roads around Wanstead station in The Green and slip roads on to the A12 have been closed while emergency services are at the scene.
Police cars, fire engines and ambulances were seen by witnesses after the accident in High Street at about 3.20pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the driver, a man in his 50s, was treated for “minor injuries” and taken to Whipps Cross Hospital as a priority.
He did not confirm rumours that the man had passed out at the wheel of the vehicle before the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London is warning of building traffic in the area.
The 66 and 145 bus routes are on diversion.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
On Twitter, Etienne K wrote: “Just see a car flip over down Wanstead. Was like Rambo.”
Did you see the crash? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.