Car flips and rolls down road in freak Newbury Park accident
- Credit: Archant
A car flipped over and rolled down a residential road, smashing into parked vehicles as it went, in freak accident this morning.
Luckily no one was seriously injured but the vehicle was left lying on its side with a smashed windscreen and crumpled bonnet in Newbury Park.
Debris was scattered down Devonshire Road, where several parked cars were left with dents and scratches.
Firefighters were called to clean up a large pool of oil and petrol pouring from the punctured fuel tank.
Ali Warnock, from Ilford fire station, said: “When we turned up there was already somebody out of the car and it was on its side.
You may also want to watch:
“Apparently it was travelling along the road, how fast I don’t know, and someone pulled out.
“They swerved to avoid it and clipped the kerb, which made the car unsteady and it flipped.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
“It fully rolled over because there were scratches on the roof.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said an ambulance was sent to the scene shortly after 8am.
He added: “Staff treated a 65 year old man for a hand injury. He was taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.”
Did you see the crash? Call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.