Car ‘exploded’ into flames outside Wanstead Tube station
- Credit: Archant
An exploding people carrier caused a “massive” fire outside Wanstead Tube station yesterday evening.
Firefighters from Leytonstone were called at 6.45pm and had the fire under control within 15 minutes.
The blaze shocked commuters who took to social media with their surprise and shock.
Dayna tweeted: “Massive fire on Wanstead roundabout, hope the George is ok.”
Nicholas Jones wrote: “Not everyday you walk out of the tube to a car fire in #Wanstead. Good and quick work by @LondonFire.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine