Car ‘exploded’ into flames outside Wanstead Tube station
- Credit: Archant
An exploding people carrier caused a “massive” fire outside Wanstead Tube station yesterday evening.
Firefighters from Leytonstone were called at 6.45pm and had the fire under control within 15 minutes.
The blaze shocked commuters who took to social media with their surprise and shock.
Dayna tweeted: “Massive fire on Wanstead roundabout, hope the George is ok.”
Nicholas Jones wrote: “Not everyday you walk out of the tube to a car fire in #Wanstead. Good and quick work by @LondonFire.”
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on