Car ‘engulfed’ in flames on A406 near Redbridge roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A car has caught fire on the A406 near the Redbridge roundabout.
The car caught fire at about 9.40am this morning and an eyewitness said the white car was “engulfed” in flames.
Rashid Ahmed, 40, from Ilford, said: “The car engine was engulfed in fire. There were lots of flames. The traffic is going to back up. The car had parked up on the hard shoulder.”
An ambulance is currently at the scene treating a man for burns.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said a crew from Ilford dealt with the fire within 15 minutes but there could be some damage to the road surface.
You may also want to watch:
Two lanes of the A406 are currently closed towards Ilford.
Did you see what happened? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown