Ilford Salvation Army celebrates two anniversaries
Captain Dr John Clifton, Ilford Salvation Army
- Credit: Roy Chacko
I nearly forgot my big brother’s birthday last week.
I’m normally pretty good with presents for him, but when every day looks nearly the same, it can be difficult to remember these things. But remember them, we must. And celebrate them we must. My brother deserves it!
This fortnight Ilford Salvation Army celebrates two anniversaries. February 24 was the first anniversary of clients moving into Malachi Place, our supported accommodation project in Ilford Town Centre. March 5 is the 135th anniversary of The Salvation Army starting work in Ilford.
Like other anniversaries, birthdays and celebrations in recent days, these occasions are recognised with video calls. It’s nowhere near the same, but it is still important to mark them. Perhaps because of our circumstances, it is even more important.
Psalm 100:4-5 says “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
You may also want to watch:
That’s our testimony at Ilford Salvation Army. We celebrate because it reminds us of what God has done in the past and that helps us to have new hope for what he will do in the future.
You’ll be glad to know that I did manage to remember my brother’s birthday. I gave him a call, heard about how he’d celebrated, consoled each other about Spurs’ form, and sent him a video of my kids singing happy birthday to their beloved uncle. And he’ll get a belated present this week.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
Don’t forget to celebrate!