Calling all young Redbridge crime fighters – junior police cadets team launches
Aspiring crime fighters in Redbridge are being invited to join two junior police units especially for children aged 10 to 13 this month.
The Junior Volunteer Police cadets were launched this week at Loxford Youth Centre, Loxford Lane, Ilford and Caterham High School, Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
Children aged 10 to 13 who are enrolled in schools or living in Redbridge can sign up.
The cadets’ aims include: developing personal skills amongst young people, encouraging good citizenship through training, cadets will also be asked to improve the relationship between the public and the police, and generally reduce petty crime across the borough.
It is also hoped that it will stimulate and maintain interest in young people considering policing as a future career.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “These aims sound very imposing and give the impression that being a cadet is hard work.
“In fact they are achieved in a fun and interesting way by speakers attending on various aspects of emergency services.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Other activities also include: carrying out leaflet drops, attending summer camps where leadership skills are developed, social evenings and assisting at public events and environmental projects in and around Redbridge.
For more information, call Pc Amanda Miller, Redbridge youth engagement officer on 07887 823 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.