Calling all young Redbridge crime fighters – junior police cadets team launches
Aspiring crime fighters in Redbridge are being invited to join two junior police units especially for children aged 10 to 13 this month.
The Junior Volunteer Police cadets were launched this week at Loxford Youth Centre, Loxford Lane, Ilford and Caterham High School, Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
Children aged 10 to 13 who are enrolled in schools or living in Redbridge can sign up.
The cadets’ aims include: developing personal skills amongst young people, encouraging good citizenship through training, cadets will also be asked to improve the relationship between the public and the police, and generally reduce petty crime across the borough.
It is also hoped that it will stimulate and maintain interest in young people considering policing as a future career.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “These aims sound very imposing and give the impression that being a cadet is hard work.
“In fact they are achieved in a fun and interesting way by speakers attending on various aspects of emergency services.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
Other activities also include: carrying out leaflet drops, attending summer camps where leadership skills are developed, social evenings and assisting at public events and environmental projects in and around Redbridge.
For more information, call Pc Amanda Miller, Redbridge youth engagement officer on 07887 823 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.