Calling all Wanstead artists for third annual trail
A collective of Wanstead artists is calling on like-minded people to show their works at the third annual Wanstead Arts Trail this autumn.
From September 15 to 30, art lovers will get the chance to tour shops and community centres in the area and see pieces created by local amateur and professional artists.
Art Group Wanstead (AGW) want as many people to get involved as possible and 12 of their members are currently displaying works at Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, to give people a taste of what to expect.
Chairman Donna Mizzi, of Rectory Crescent, Wanstead, said: “Last year about 200 artists plus six schools took part at about 75 local venues.
“This year, even more shops in the high street have already said they want to take part.”
You may also want to watch:
The library exhibition runs until May 26.
All types of art work will be considered for the art trail including ceramics, photography, jewellery and glass painting.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
Last year’s trail included land art, light installations and mosaics.
An arts fair will be held this year to allow contributors to sell their work.
Ms Mizzi said: “As an amateur or professional artist, it’s hard to find places to show your work.
“We don’t have a stringent selection procedure, we say come forward and get involved.”
She added that one artist who will take part this year has been working for 50 years without displaying his work.
A social night will be held at The George pub in High Street, Wanstead, on May 21 from 7pm to allow potential contributors to meet existing members.
To take part in the art trail, contributors need to join AGW, which is free.
Visit www.artgroupwanstead.com for details.
Copies of the application form will be available at Wanstead library and Aldersbrook Library in Park Road, Aldersbrook.