Calling all Wanstead artists for third annual trail
A collective of Wanstead artists is calling on like-minded people to show their works at the third annual Wanstead Arts Trail this autumn.
From September 15 to 30, art lovers will get the chance to tour shops and community centres in the area and see pieces created by local amateur and professional artists.
Art Group Wanstead (AGW) want as many people to get involved as possible and 12 of their members are currently displaying works at Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, to give people a taste of what to expect.
Chairman Donna Mizzi, of Rectory Crescent, Wanstead, said: “Last year about 200 artists plus six schools took part at about 75 local venues.
“This year, even more shops in the high street have already said they want to take part.”
You may also want to watch:
The library exhibition runs until May 26.
All types of art work will be considered for the art trail including ceramics, photography, jewellery and glass painting.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
Last year’s trail included land art, light installations and mosaics.
An arts fair will be held this year to allow contributors to sell their work.
Ms Mizzi said: “As an amateur or professional artist, it’s hard to find places to show your work.
“We don’t have a stringent selection procedure, we say come forward and get involved.”
She added that one artist who will take part this year has been working for 50 years without displaying his work.
A social night will be held at The George pub in High Street, Wanstead, on May 21 from 7pm to allow potential contributors to meet existing members.
To take part in the art trail, contributors need to join AGW, which is free.
Visit www.artgroupwanstead.com for details.
Copies of the application form will be available at Wanstead library and Aldersbrook Library in Park Road, Aldersbrook.