Cakes, breads and more - send us your baking recipes
- Credit: Archant
The baking phenomenon is sweeping the nation, with amateur chefs whipping up creations in kitchens across the land, and we want our readers to get involved.
With National Baking Week kicking off on Monday, and Great British Bake Off lighting up our TV screens every week, we are launching our own baking competition.
Perhaps you make a delicious cake or pie that gets compliments whenever you bake it.
Or maybe you can can craft amazing naan, perfect scones or scrummy apple turnovers.
From cakes to biscuits to breads to quiches, and everything in between that can be baked, we’re looking for readers to send us their original recipes, be they sweet or savoury.
But don’t worry, we love baked goods so we’ll look on all your creations favourably.
You may also want to watch:
Your recipes could be published on our website, and they could also feature in our paper.
Our competition coincides with National Baking Week. The campaign to get Britain baking is backed by John Whaite, winner of the 2012 Great British Bake Off.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
He said: “I am thrilled to be teaming up with National Baking Week and hope I can encourage even more people to get baking with my recipes and tips.
“A revolution is taking place in kitchens up and down the country as people realise how easy and rewarding it is to bake and National Baking Week is a celebration of that.”
You can get tips and ideas from the National Baking Week website.
But remember, all your recipes must be original creations, be they something that’s been handed down to you by a member of your family, or your own twist on a classic dish.
Terms and conditions
Entries must be received before October 28. By contributing with your recipe you agree to grant Archant London royalty-free non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use your photographs and recipes without limitation in current and future print and electronic formats. Archant will not accept any responsibility with regard to originality of recipes. Archant may wish to send you relevant news and special offers, by entering the competition you will automatically be entered to receive these. You may opt out at any time by visiting the unsubscribe link on each communication.