'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- Credit: Artful Blend
A new coffee shop has opened in Redbridge.
Artful Blend in Roding Lane South received a visit from Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Roy Emmett, who cut the ribbon to officially open the shop on Friday (September 24).
The business, which will serve more than 30 people, is the creation of husband-and-wife team Randeep and Chetna Sohal, who had the inspiration to open the shop during lockdown.
Its name is a reference to Artful Skecha, the name under which Randeep publishes his works as an artist.
Chetna said: “It’s a surreal feeling being on the other side of what has been a building site for six months.
“We’ve had an overwhelmingly positive response from the local community – that has certainly helped us settle in."
She described the shop’s aesthetic as “edgy”, “urban”, and “quite eclectic”.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 4 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 5 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 6 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Artful Blend’s coffee is roasted by Perky Blenders, and the shop serves a range of fresh pastries as well as drink options like matcha, beetroot and turmeric lattes.