Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- Credit: Google
Lloyds Bank has confirmed plans to close its branch in Gants Hill.
The Eastern Avenue bank is one of 44 branches of Lloyds and Halifax that are to shut.
On its website, Lloyds has said the closing date will be October 11.
A spokesperson said: "Branches will remain vital in meeting customers’ needs but we must continually review our network to make sure we have branches in locations where customers need and use them the most.
"As a result, we've made the difficult decision to close this branch due to customers using it less often."
You may also want to watch:
They said the decision-making process included analysing how customers are choosing to bank with the company and how often they used the branch over the past five years.
Lloyds said customers will still be able to attend alternative branches - with the nearest being on High Road, Ilford, about 1.6 miles away.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears