‘Game-changing’ kebab chain opens in Barkingside
- Credit: GDK
A “gourmet kebab” chain has opened its newest restaurant in Barkingside.
The 88th UK branch of German Doner Kebab (GDK) - located at 122 High Street - began trading yesterday (December 28).
Originally mooted to open in November, GDK has now brought its "game-changing kebabs" to Barkingside.
The chain says the store will create 40 new jobs, with this latest branch taking GDK's worldwide offering to over 90 branches.
A full dine-in experience is on offer, as well as a takeaway and delivery service made available through the chain's delivery partners.
Daniel Bunce, GDK MD for UK and Europe, said: “We’re delighted to officially open and bring the German Doner Kebab experience to Barkingside.
“Our game-changing kebabs are revolutionising the kebab in the UK and we are excited to be bringing a new fast-casual experience to the area, offering great tasting fresh food in a relaxed and modern setting.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 3 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 4 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 5 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium