‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- Credit: GDK
A “gourmet kebab” chain is opening a new branch in Barkingside.
German Doner Kebab (GDK) has confirmed it will open a new restaurant at 122 High Street in November.
The chain, which claims to be “revolutionising the kebab in the UK”, says the store will bring 40 new jobs to the area.
GDK has over 90 restaurants worldwide, opened 12 new restaurants in the UK in 2020 and plans to open 47 new sites in the UK this year.
Daniel Bunce, GDK managing director for the UK and Europe, said: “We’re delighted to officially announce plans to bring the German Doner Kebab experience to Barkingside.
“Our game-changing kebabs are revolutionising the kebab in the UK and we are excited to be bringing a new fast-casual experience to the area, offering great tasting fresh food in a relaxed and modern setting.”
GDK will offer dine-in, takeaway and click and collect, as well as delivery through selected partners.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 7 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 8 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Tests after dead swans found in Goodmayes Park