Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- Credit: Artful Blend
A new coffee shop will open in Redbridge this week.
Run by husband-and-wife duo Randeep and Chetna Sohal, Artful Blend will open for the first time at 10am this Friday, September 24.
The coffee shop will serve around 30 to 35 people and has a pavement license for its premises in Roding Lane South.
Its name is a reference to Artful Skecha, the name under which Randeep publishes his works as an artist.
Chetna said lockdown had inspired them to take on the challenge and said that they had become “absolute fanatics” about coffee after getting a home barista machine.
She said that they had focused on making the café a unique space, with “lively hustle and bustle” in the neon-lit front room and a more relaxed atmosphere in the backroom, which has a skylight.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn't want it to just be come in and get a coffee, we wanted it to be an experience for customers,” she said.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 8 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation