Businesses celebrate this year’s success at Thames Gateway Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Last night businesses from across east London and Essex came together to honour the winners of the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2016.
Held in the luxurious surroundings of Canary Wharf’s East Wintergarden and hosted by none other than BBC business journalist Declan Curry, the night saw our panel of expert judges reveal who had won each of the highly-coveted awards.
Among the 12 awards on offer were Employer of the Year, a Customer Service Award and Small, Medium and Large Businesses of the Year.
The winner of this year’s Judges Award, which comes with the added bonus of £12,000 free advertising across Archant titles, was Trevor Blackman of Ape Media.
He was so thrilled upon accepting the award he asked to speak briefly.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you,” he told the crowd. “I’ve never won anything in my life!”
The event was also raising money for three specially-selected charities doing vital work across east London and Essex, Haven House Children’s Hospice, Richard House Children’s Hospice and Havens Hospices.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
Through a charity raffle and auction, those attending on the night managed to raise more than £2,500 for them.
A full report on the night’s winners, with exclusive reaction from many of them, will be online on Monday and available in next week’s newspapers.