Businesses celebrate this year’s success at Thames Gateway Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Last night businesses from across east London and Essex came together to honour the winners of the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2016.
Held in the luxurious surroundings of Canary Wharf’s East Wintergarden and hosted by none other than BBC business journalist Declan Curry, the night saw our panel of expert judges reveal who had won each of the highly-coveted awards.
Among the 12 awards on offer were Employer of the Year, a Customer Service Award and Small, Medium and Large Businesses of the Year.
The winner of this year’s Judges Award, which comes with the added bonus of £12,000 free advertising across Archant titles, was Trevor Blackman of Ape Media.
He was so thrilled upon accepting the award he asked to speak briefly.
“Thank you,” he told the crowd. “I’ve never won anything in my life!”
The event was also raising money for three specially-selected charities doing vital work across east London and Essex, Haven House Children’s Hospice, Richard House Children’s Hospice and Havens Hospices.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
Through a charity raffle and auction, those attending on the night managed to raise more than £2,500 for them.
A full report on the night’s winners, with exclusive reaction from many of them, will be online on Monday and available in next week’s newspapers.