Businesses celebrate this year’s success at Thames Gateway Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Last night businesses from across east London and Essex came together to honour the winners of the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2016.
Held in the luxurious surroundings of Canary Wharf’s East Wintergarden and hosted by none other than BBC business journalist Declan Curry, the night saw our panel of expert judges reveal who had won each of the highly-coveted awards.
Among the 12 awards on offer were Employer of the Year, a Customer Service Award and Small, Medium and Large Businesses of the Year.
The winner of this year’s Judges Award, which comes with the added bonus of £12,000 free advertising across Archant titles, was Trevor Blackman of Ape Media.
He was so thrilled upon accepting the award he asked to speak briefly.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you,” he told the crowd. “I’ve never won anything in my life!”
The event was also raising money for three specially-selected charities doing vital work across east London and Essex, Haven House Children’s Hospice, Richard House Children’s Hospice and Havens Hospices.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Through a charity raffle and auction, those attending on the night managed to raise more than £2,500 for them.
A full report on the night’s winners, with exclusive reaction from many of them, will be online on Monday and available in next week’s newspapers.