Business group’s annual review celebrates Ilford’s booming town centre
- Credit: Archant
It has been another successful year for Ilford town centre, thanks in no small part to the continued efforts of the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID).
Last month, the BID published their review of 2016, and outlined a number of their major successes, including a new radio security scheme rolled out to a number of businesses across the area.
Their summer outdoor cinema and Christmas ice skating rink on Ilford High Road were also well received by the community.
There are plans to hold both events once again this year.
BID manager Ben Collins said: “This year was another massively successful one for the BID and everyone involved in it.
You may also want to watch:
“Feedback from businesses has been fantastic and we’ve already begun drawing up a number of plans for 2017.
“The BID’s aim is to continue to innovate how we promote the area as well as provide more services to entice the people of Redbridge into the town centre.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
Mr Collins also praised Redbridge Council and Meyer Bergman, the company which owns The Exchange, for their continued help.
Director Carol Hobbs also joined Mr Collins in looking ahead to a period of progress and evolution in Ilford – as Crossrail beckons and more businesses look to the town as a potentially lucrative opportunity for development.
She said: “This is an exciting time for Ilford with a huge amount of investment taking place.
“It is crucial that the BID and its businesses are able to take full advantage of the opportunities that this brings.”