Bus crime and assaults - police plea for help
IMAGES of a very NON-Magnificent Seven who are suspected of bus crime and assault in Newham have been issued by police. They are wanted in connection with incidents last year that included smashing windows, criminal damage, graffiti with one drunken pass
IMAGES of a very NON-Magnificent Seven who are suspected of bus crime and assault in Newham have been issued by police.
They are wanted in connection with incidents last year that included smashing windows, criminal damage, graffiti with one drunken passenger wanted for attacking a female driver.
The appeal is made through the Safer Transport Command's Operation BusTag, a proactive team who work together with a CCTV Investigation Unit, using on-bus Closed Circuit Television to arrest and bring to justice individuals who have committed criminal damage to the buses.
Since BusTag's inception in late 2004 it has tripled its arrest rate of offenders of bus criminal damage which costs the bus companies millions of pounds in repairs every year. In total it is more than 3,000 arrests
You may also want to watch:
All CCTV stills from incident footage are circulated initially within the Police network before passing on to the public sector for identification.
Those with information on the suspects can ring anonymously, on: OPERATION BUSTAG (020) 7027-8950 or CRIMESTOPPERS 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
For the images of the seven, see next Wednesday's Newham Recorder.