Burst water main causes ongoing disruption to five bus routes in South Woodford - W12, W13, W14, 179 and N55
A burst water main in George Lane, South Woodford, is causing disruption to five bus routes and is expected to do so until Thursday while repairs are made.
Emergency repairs are being undertaken by Thames Water, causing diversions and delays to the W12, W13, W14, 179 and N55 routes.
The W12 is diverted eastbound towards Wanstead station via Snaresbrook Road, Hollybush Hill, High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way. Eastbound bus stops in Eagle Lane, Beechwood Park, Clarendon Road, Bedford Road, Grove Hill, and George Lane shopping centre will be missed as a result.
The 179, W13 & N55 are unable to serve the southbound bus stop at George Lane shopping centre and are diverted southbound via High Road Woodford Green, Woodford Road, Hollybush Hill, High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
And the W14 is diverted northbound toward Woodford Bridge via High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way. The eastbound bus stops at Snaresbrook Station, Eagle Lane, Beechwood Park, Clarendon Road, Bedford Road, Grove Hill, and George Lane shopping centre will be missed.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries have been made with Thames Water.
A Thames Water spokesman said: “We’ve been repairing a pipe in George Lane which has resulted in a closure of part of the road.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 9 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
- 10 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
“We’re really sorry for the disruption this is causing. The pipe has now been fixed but we need to rebuild the road on top of it. We hope to have this all finished by Thursday at the latest.”