Burglars raid four Redbridge homes in nine hours for �85k haul
Jewellery valued at more than �75,000 was stolen from four homes in nine hours during a series of break-ins.
Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings were all taken in the raids.
As well as Asian gold, a �10,000 Armani watch was taken from a home in Redbridge Lane West, Wanstead.
The homeowner returned on Thursday evening to find �10,000 of jewellery had also been taken between 11am and 5pm that day.
The other raids were in Churchfields, South Woodford, where �20,000 of jewellery was taken between 12.30pm and 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In Gaynes Hill Road, Woodford Green, �40,000 of jewellery was taken between 12.45pm and 1pm, and in Summit Drive, Woodford Green, more than �5,000 of jewellery was taken between 8.45am and 5.55pm.
Investigators are trying to track down the burglars, who raided the four homes.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
A police spokesman said: “Always double-lock your front and back doors.
“Asian gold or any expensive items should be locked in a secure safe that is bolted to the floor or in a safe deposit box at a bank.
“It is also recommended by police to photograph any expensive jewellery and make a list of all items.”
A drive by police earlier this year to bring down the number of burglaries in the borough did prove to be a success, according to chiefs.
In the 12 months to May, there were 2,894 reported residential burglaries, about 250 more than in the previous 12 months.
Non-residential burglaries have also risen in the same period, from 684 in the 12 months to May 2010, to 789 in the past year.
Anyone with information on the four raids is asked to call the burglary squad on 020 8345 2680, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.