Budget cuts consultation wins Redbridge government praise
MORE than 1,100 people have had their say on what council cuts they would make as part of next year’s budget, as a government minister hails the “innovative” scheme.
A GOVERNMENT minister has hailed an “innovative” Redbridge-wide consultation which has seen more than 1,100 people have their say on what council cuts they would make as part of next year’s budget.
Redbridge Conversation 2010 is asking residents what council departments they would make savings in to meet an expected �25million of cuts needed from next year’s budget.
The You Choose budget tool has been praised by Eric Pickles, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
He said: “Redbridge’s You Choose budget consultation is incredibly innovative.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents can now help decide local priorities, in an open and transparent way, with the click of a mouse.”
He added: “Redbridge is showing councils that they have nothing to fear from openly consulting with their citizens on their budget - getting their public involved tells councils what services are wanted and shows people how difficult it is to juggle tighter budgets.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
The Redbridge Conversation 2010 launched on September 6 and runs until the end of October.
Its results will be considered as part of the council’s budget setting process for 2011/12.
To view the consultation, log on to www.redbridge.gov.uk.