Buckhurst Hill man lands role in amusing Kit Kat ad
A BUCKHURST Hill actor who had previous roles in The Bill and Eastenders has landed a starring role in Kit Kat’s latest advertisement.
Scott Lane, 38, was selected from dozens of actors to front the new Kit Kat TV campaign.
The advert, set on a building site, depicts Mr Lane operating a crane and directing his co-workers into a Newton’s cradle formation.
Now members of the public stop him in the street to make Kit Kat puns, or stare at him in confusion.
He said: “It’s funny, some recognise me but they don’t know if it’s from the advert or from living across the road.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lane’s part was shot in one day, but he did not need to get his hands dirty.
“Being an actor I have to have a big imagination; the scene was shot with a blue screen so I had to pretend that I was moving the crane around.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 4 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
But he said it was by no means easy.
“Sometimes you didn’t know how a bit had gone until you saw the director’s playback. You realised, OK this bit works and this bit didn’t, we had to re-do a few things.”
So is this Mr Lane’s big break?: “I don’t know about that,” he laughed, adding that he had been acting in theatre and television since he was 11.
“The advert’s been out for about two weeks and has got a good response.
“I’ve done a lot of commercials over the yeas, but I really enjoyed making this advert, its such a creative idea and it has turned out really well.
“It’s nice when my family recognise the product I’m advertising.”
So far in his career, Mr Lane has worked with actors such as Robert De Niro and Bob Hoskins.
“I have been so lucky and acting given me the opportunity to travel and see thing that I normally wouldn’t have experienced. As long as I am fulfilled acting I will carry on doing it.”