Brothers cycle to Paris in memory of family friend from Chigwell
Four brothers are cycling from London to Paris in memory of a friend who died of cancer.
Tarkan Ahmet, 32, of Chigwell and his brothers Tarik, Arif and Hakan are embarking on the 240-mile, three-day journey, which started yesterday.
The cycling enthusiasts decided to take on the challenge in memory of 21-year-old Eren Pars, a family friend from Chigwell, who died three months ago after a tumour was discovered in his spine.
Mr Ahmet said: “We though it would be fantastic to raise money in aid of Connah’s Appeal, which supports Welsh ten-year-old Connah Broom, who needs surgery in America for a rare form of cancer.
“We have already raised �800 and we hope to raise more. We have been training for four months and we will be packing lots of spares after suffering five punctures and two split tyres in one day.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate please send Paypal payments to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Your Move Glenwood, High Road, Chadwell Heath. To find out more about Connah’s Appeal please visit www.connahsappeal.co.uk.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle