Britain’s Got Talent singers Jonathan and Charlotte through to live final after starting careers in Chigwell
A Britain’s Got Talent duo who started their careers at a Chigwell school and became reality show sensations overnight, are through to the live final on Saturday.
Current show favourites Jonathan Antoine, 17, and Charlotte Jaconelli, 16, gained the most public votes last night after their rendition of opera classic Caruso.
The teenagers, who attended West Hatch High School in High Road before leaving to focus on their singing, received a standing ovation from the judges.
Millions of viewers saw Simon Cowell describe tenor Jonathan as “unbelievable” after his first audition, and last night the praise continued.
He said: “I understand the chemistry between the two of you, Charlotte you sang really well and it was one of my favourite Britain’s Got Talent performances.”
You may also want to watch:
The talented double act first performed together at their school’s end-of-year concert last year and a sports ball to raise money for new sporting facilities.
Head of music at the school Ginette Brown, who taught the pair for five years, said: “Both Jonathan and Charlotte are exceptionally talented performers who have beautiful voices and great careers ahead of them.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 4 Teen boy sexually assaulted on Redbridge bus: Image of wanted man released
- 5 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 6 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 7 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 8 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 9 Redbridge Tories call for council reform after monkey costume scandal
- 10 Man in stable condition after Barkingside crash
“I and everyone associated with West Hatch High School is immensely proud of both Jonathan and Charlotte and we wish them all the best in the next stage of the competition.”