Britain’s Got Talent singers Jonathan and Charlotte started their careers in Chigwell
Britain’s Got Talent act Jonathan and Charlotte, who wowed the judges with their rendition of The Prayer, attended West Hatch School, Chigwell.
Jonathan Antoine, 17, and Charlotte Jaconelli, 16, attended West Hatch High School in High Road, Chigwell before leaving to focus on their singing.
Millions of viewers saw Simon Cowell describe tenor Jonathan, as “unbelievable” after his performance of The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli, alongside his friend Charlotte.
The talented double act first performed together at the school’s end-of-year concert and sports ball to raise money for new sporting facilities.
Jonathan, who has been compared to opera singer, Pavarotti, said: “It’s an absolute honour. Some of the things he’s done can just move me to tears.
You may also want to watch:
The young singer added: “I just want to sing and have fun with singing. I’ve found so many interesting people in this industry and I think this is a good opportunity to do that.”
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 3 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space