Britain’s Got Talent runners-up Jonathan and Charlotte in talks over record contract
Jonathan and Charlotte, who began their singing careers in Chigwell, are rumoured to be in talks with Simon Cowell’s record company over a �1 million contract.
The teenage singing duo, who took second place in Saturday’s Britain’s Got Talent final, lost out on the �500,000 prize to Ashleigh and her dog Pudsey.
Jonathan Antoine, 17, and Charlotte Jaconelli, 16, were the last of 11 acts to perform on the ITV1 talent show and were favourites to win.
According to reports judge Simon Cowell is set to offer the operatic singing duo a �1 million record deal, with an album expected to be released at Christmas.
After their emotional performance of The Prayer earlier in the night, the judge, said: “Unbelievable. It made me realise with you two, not only are you both talented but your loyalty and friendship is what’s made this act so special and you’re both lucky to have each other.”
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan and Charlotte were first paired together at West Hatch High School, in High Road, Chigwell.
They performed together at their school’s end-of-year concert last year and a sports ball to raise money for new sporting facilities.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Head of music Ginette Brown, who taught them for five years, said: “Their talent, work ethic and professionalism paid off and they are a credit to themselves, West Hatch and the music department.”
After the results were announced by presenters Ant and Dec, Charlotte said: “Oh my God we came second, out of 70,000 people. That’s incredible. It’s been absolutely amazing.”