Britain’s Got Talent duo Jonathan and Charlotte performed at Chigwell music teacher’s wedding before TV stardom
Britain’s Got Talent’s opera singing duo displayed exceptional talent early on according to their music teacher, who asked them to sing at her wedding last year.
Ginette Brown taught Jonathan Antoine, 17, and Charlotte Jaconelli, 16, who took second place on the show, for five years at West Hatch High School, High Road, Chigwell.
The duo, who became overnight reality show sensations, were first paired together by their teacher, who thought their voices would compliment each other.
She said: “When I asked them to sing at my wedding in August they were both really emotional. It meant a lot to my husband and I, and they knew it was a big deal.
“The song they chose for the final, The Prayer, is the one they sang at my wedding and their GCSE exam.
You may also want to watch:
“We developed a close relationship due to extra curricular activities and we still keep in touch.”
According to reports, the pair are set to be offered a �1million record deal with Simon Cowell and an album is expected to be released at Christmas.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
Mrs Brown said: “I joined the school in 2007 and me and my colleagues noticed their talent very early on, especially Jonathan.
“He performed a song from the musical Les Mis�rables in a school show three years ago and that was the first time I thought ‘wow’, and I think the students realised then too.”
According to their teacher, Jonathan always expressed a wish to be an opera singer but, while Charlotte is also classically trained, she was always interested in musical theatre.
Mrs Brown added: “They were incredibly professional from such a young age. I have very high hopes for them in the future especially after the amount of support they received on the show.”