Breaking News Newham: Three arrested over sex trade
THREE people have been arrested this afternoon by officers from the Metropolitan Police Service s Human Exploitation and Organised Crime command, under new sexual offences legislation which came into force today.Three men and a woman were arrested at a
THREE people have been arrested this afternoon by officers from the Metropolitan Police Service's Human Exploitation and Organised Crime command, under new sexual offences legislation which came into force today.
Three men and a woman were arrested at an address in Southend Road, East Ham, in a targeted operation, writes COLIN GRAINGER, The Editor.
The men -one aged 35 and two aged 37 - were all arrested on suspicion of paying for the sexual services of a prostitute subjected to force.
A 25-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of managing a brothel. All four were taken to a central London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspr Kevin Hyland, from the Met Police's new Human Exploitation and Serious Crime command, which went live as SCD9 today, said: "Men who visit brothels and pay for sex are exploiting vulnerable woman and plying a trade of abuse.
"The new legislation, enforceable from today, means that people who pay for sex in brothels can be arrested and appear before the courts, which we hope will act as a deterrent to others."
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
The 35-year-old man has already been given a caution.