Boy, 5, taken to hospital after finger trapped in bike chain in Woodford Green
A five-year-old boy had to be taken to hospital this morning after his finger was trapped in a bike chain.
A crew from Woodford Fire Station was called to help release the youngster, in Baddow Close, Woodford Green, at 8.35am.
A firefighter who was at the scene said: “He had been playing with the bike.
“We managed to wind the chain back so fortunately we didn’t have to use any cutting equipment.”
The boy is believed to be upset but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken by ambulance to Whipps Cross Hospital, in Leytonstone.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit