Boy, 5, taken to hospital after finger trapped in bike chain in Woodford Green
A five-year-old boy had to be taken to hospital this morning after his finger was trapped in a bike chain.
A crew from Woodford Fire Station was called to help release the youngster, in Baddow Close, Woodford Green, at 8.35am.
A firefighter who was at the scene said: “He had been playing with the bike.
“We managed to wind the chain back so fortunately we didn’t have to use any cutting equipment.”
The boy is believed to be upset but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken by ambulance to Whipps Cross Hospital, in Leytonstone.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines