Boy, 5, seriously hurt in Ilford Lane car crash
A five-year-old has been taken to hospital with a serious leg injury after being hit by a car in Ilford Lane.
An air ambulance was sent to the scene, close to Ilford Lane’s junction with Wingate Road, after the accident which happened at about 3.30pm today.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said the boy’s leg injury was stabilised at the scene before he was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, in a road ambulance.
An air ambulance paramedic accompanied the boy to the Royal London, which he reached at 4.20pm.
A section of Ilford Lane, which was closed while the boy was treated, was reopened by police at 4.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The boy’s injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
• Did you witness the incident? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say