Boy, 5, seriously hurt in Ilford Lane car crash
A five-year-old has been taken to hospital with a serious leg injury after being hit by a car in Ilford Lane.
An air ambulance was sent to the scene, close to Ilford Lane’s junction with Wingate Road, after the accident which happened at about 3.30pm today.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said the boy’s leg injury was stabilised at the scene before he was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, in a road ambulance.
An air ambulance paramedic accompanied the boy to the Royal London, which he reached at 4.20pm.
A section of Ilford Lane, which was closed while the boy was treated, was reopened by police at 4.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The boy’s injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
• Did you witness the incident? Email us at email@example.com.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab