Boy, 4, evacuated with residents after toast fire in Goodmayes flat
Residents, including a four year-old-boy, were evacuated from Goodmayes flats when burning toast started a small fire last night.
Two women and the boy were moved out of their homes in Kildowan Road at around 11pm to avoid smoke inhalation.
Crew manager Dave Weighill, of Ilford fire station, said the evacuation was “just a precaution”.
He added: “The lady, who was 38, had fallen asleep under the influence of prescription sleeping tablets and left toast under the grill.
“The boy from the flat above hadn’t taken in any smoke, he was fine.”
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance spokesman said an ambulance crews and paramedics were sent along with a hazard response team but no one needed hospital treatment.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan